The Certified Kubernetes Application Developer Exam is a challenging, hands-on exam that requires you to configure and deploy applications and services in a real Kubernetes cluster. In this tutorial, I show how to run some basic
kubectl commands that will get you started preparing for the CKAD.
In this video, I will show how to do the following in a Kubernetes cluster:
- View and switch contexts
- Setup your preferred text editor
- vim is the default, but can be set to nano
- View pods in all namespaces
- View namespaces
- Create a namespace called
- Create a pod from yaml generated by the
- Delete the pod
- Create the pod in the practice namespace
- Exec into the pod
To see the commands, checkout this github repo: https://github.com/kimschles/CKAD-Prep/blob/master/01-Core-Concepts.md.