Heroku is the simplest way I know to deploy an application that requries read and write access to a database, like you would need for an API that can do CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update, Destroy).
By the end of this tutorial, you will see how to:
- Set up an application on Heroku
- Provision a postgres DB on Heroku
- Run knex commands to create the schema and seed a production database
- Here’s a github gist with the commands: https://gist.github.com/kimschles/5001ee44e25c754f26d752b8f16cc287
- This is the application repo if you don’t want to write code for your own API: https://github.com/kimschles/books-read-api